What Is Energy Medicine?
Energy Medicine awakens energies that bring vitality, joy, and enthusiasm to your life – and greater health to your body, mind,and spirit! Balancing your energies balances your body's chemistry, regulates your hormones, helps you feel better, and helps you think better. It can be used to overcome illness, and it can be used to keep you strong and resilient. It is the medicine of the future, but it it empowers you NOW to adapt and even flourish in the 21st century.
"In every culture and in every medical tradition before ours, healing was accomplished by moving energy."
Albert Szent-Györgyi, MD
Nobel Laureate in Medicine
Energy Medicine Definitions:
Right Brain Definition: "Energy is your body's magic! It is your life force. You keep it healthy and it keeps you healthy. If you are sick or sad, shifting your energies feels good. When you care for these invisible energies, it makes your heart sing and your cells happy!"
- Donna Eden
Left Brain Definition: "Conventional medicine, at its foundation, focuses on the biochemistry of cells, tissue, and organs. Energy Medicine, at its foundation, focuses on the energy fields of the body that organize and control the growth and repair of cells, tissue, and organs. Changing impaired energy patterns may be the most efficient, least invasive way to improve the health of organs, cells, and psyche."
- David Feinstein, Ph.D.
"Donna Eden's unique clairvoyant observations of energy patterns have led to a fabulous, practical guide to managing the body's subtle energies."
Richard Gerber, MD
Author, Vibrational Medicine
Top 4 Questions About Energy Medicine
1. How is Energy Medicine Practiced?
Energy Medicine heals the body by activating its natural healing energies; you also heal the body by restoring energies that have become weak, disturbed, or out of balance. It utilizes techniques from healing traditions such as acupuncture, yoga, kinesiology, and qi gong. Flow, balance, and harmony can be non-invasively restored and maintained within an energy system by tapping, massaging, pinching, twisting, or connecting specific energy points (acupoints) on the skin; by tracing or swirling the hand over the skin along specific energy pathways; through exercises or postures designed for specific energetic effects; by focused use of the mind to move specific energies; and/or by surrounding an area with healing energies.
2. How Does It Work?
Energy Medicine recognizes energy as a vital, living, moving force that determines much about health and happiness. In Energy Medicine, energy is the medicine, and energy is also the patient:
- You heal the body by activating its natural healing energies (energy as the medicine).
- You also heal the body by restoring energies that have become weak, disturbed, or out of balance (energy as the patient).
To overcome illness and maintain vibrant health, the body needs its energies to:
- Move and have space to continue to move—energies may become blocked due to toxins, muscular or other constriction, prolonged stress, or interference from other energies.
- Move in specific patterns—generally in harmony with the physical structures and functions that the energies animate and support. "Flow follows function."
- Cross over—at all levels, from the microlevel of the double helix of DNA, extending to the macrolevel where the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body and the right side controls the left.
- Maintain a balance with other energies—the energies may lose their natural balance due to prolonged stress or other conditions that keep specific energy systems in a survival mode.
- Conversely, when the body is not healthy, corresponding disturbances in its energies can be identified and treated.
3. Is Energy Medicine Spiritual?
Entering the world of your body's subtle energies is a bridge into the domain of your deepest spiritual callings and your eternal essence. While no particular belief system, allegiance, or religious affiliation is associated with Energy Medicine, many people find that energy work touches into the realms of soul and
4. Can anyone do it?
Absolutely! Working with your energies is your birthright!
Students of Energy Medicine include:
- Ordinary people with no experience in self-healing or healing others
- Anyone who wants to learn to engage their energies for health and vitality
- People who want to study techniques to help themselves, their family, or a close friend
- Massage therapists, nurses, acupuncturists, doctors, and others in existing health care careers who are looking to supplement and enhance their training
- Health care professionals looking for courses that offer professional CE's
- People of all ages and all walks of life who want to embark on a career in Energy Medicine